The Cisco 1941/K9 is a Cisco Integrated Services Router designed for small to medium-sized businesses and branch offices. It offers high-performance routing, security, and application services, supporting multiple WAN interfaces and built-in hardware encryption acceleration. With a high-speed processor, ample memory, and advanced features like QoS and embedded encryption, it provides reliable and efficient network operations. The Cisco 1941/K9 is a versatile and secure router, suitable for various network deployment scenarios.
Key Features and Benefits of the Cisco 1941 Integrated Services Router Series
- The Cisco 1941 Series offer increased levels of services integration with data, security, wireless, and mobility services enabling greater efficiencies cost savings.
Services on Demand
- A single Cisco IOS ® Software Universal image is installed on each ISR G2. The Universal image contains all of the Cisco IOS technology sets which can be activated with a software license. This allows your business to quickly deploy advanced features without downloading a new IOS image. Additionally, larger default memory is included to support the new capabilities.
- The Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) enables a new operational model which allows you to reduce capital expenditures (CapEx) and deploy a variety of application services as needed on a single integrated compute services module.
High Performance with Integrated Services
- The Cisco 1900 Series enables deployment in high speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 25 Mbps.
- Multi-Gigabit Fabric enables high bandwidth module to module communication without compromising routing performance.
- Designed to address customer business requirements, Cisco 1941 Series with the modular architecture, offers performance range of modular interfaces and services as your network needs grow.
- Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network resiliency.
The Cisco 1941 Series architecture provides energy savings features that include the following:
- The Cisco 1900 Series offers intelligent power management and allows the customer to control power to the modules based on the time of day. Cisco EnergyWise technology will be supported in the future.
- Services integration and modularity on a single platform performing multiple functions, optimizes raw materials consumption and energy usage.
- Platform flexibility and ongoing development of both hardware and software capabilities lead to a longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the total cost of ownership, including materials and energy use.
- High efficiency power supplies are provided with each platform.
The Cisco 1941 Series maximizes investment protection by supporting:
- Reuse of a broad array of existing modules supported on the original Integrated Services Routers provides a lower cost of ownership.
- Rich set of Cisco IOS Software features carried forward from the original Integrated Services Routers and delivered in the universal image.
- Flexibility to grow as your business needs evolve.